Bed away from bed.
Sometimes you're living in your friend's basement, sometimes you're camping in the High Sierras, and in between you're enjoying the van life. You really can't tell the difference because the Sierra Designs 20 Degree Backcountry Quilt 700 Dridown Sleeping Bag feels like home no matter where you spend the night. It's v-shaped design mimics the comfort and versatility of a traditional down comforter, but with an insulated footbox and hide-away hood it can easily be converted into a warm and cozy mummy-shaped sleeping bag. Hand pockets provide a place to stash your fingers on cold nights, and make it easier to maneuver the bag like an Egyptian, but when you're parked in the sun or your buddy has the heat blasting, you love the versatile comforter-esque top that you can throw back to stay cool, or snuggle like a teddy-bear.
- Unique and versatile sleeping bag for camping in comfort
- Twenty degree rating perfect for shoulder season backpacking
- Highly compressible down is treated to be water-resistant
- Quilt top provides at-home comfort that wraps up easily
- Hide-away hood offers traditional mummy-style insulation
- Insulated footbox mimics a regular sleeping bag for toasty toes
- Light weight offers backpacking versatility when paired with pad
- Item #SDS009V
- Q & A
Wraps around so nicely!
Sierra Designs never fails me!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Absolutely love love love my new quilt. I've been eyeballing this quilt for a couple of months now and finally decided to pull the trigger this fall. I own one of their synthetic bags already but this quilt kept me so warm this past weekend in Moab. Temperatures dropped like crazy!
I think the face hole is the cutest thing. Paired with the arm flaps....I can't get enough!
I wish I was a bit taller though for sure. I'm 5'2 and find it difficult to keep warmth standing up. If Sierra Designs came out with like a short/regular/long version of this quilt it was be perfect.