Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
Select style & size:Select options
GRX FD-RX815 Di2 Front Derailleur
Gravel riders rejoiced when Shimano launched into its new GRX groupset, and its easy to see why when we've been stuck piecing together our groupsets from mismatched elements of road and mountain components for years. But we'd wager that even if we'd had other options in the past, we still would be ecstatic to see Shimano's GRX FD-RX815 Di2 Front Derailleur hit the market, offering electronic shifting to the front-end, plus extra clearance for running lofty tires that soak up chatter from poorly-graded gravel and rowdy singletrack. As you would expect from anything holding Shimano's Di2 designation, the Fd-RX815 front derailleur can be programmed with trim settings, and can be used in either full or semi SynchroShift modes for near-fluid feeling shifts.
While internally the GRX Di2 front derailleur works similarly to its road counterpart, where it differs is firstly in its placement. It offers 2.5+ millimeters of extra space for your rear tire, enabling you to roll on bigger tires without risk of component hang-ups. Secondly it also offers a wider, 17t front range, so you can run a big ring between 46 and 50 tooth, with a much smaller inner ring to give you some much needed respite on the major climbs when you're a hundred miles from anywhere and searching your core for energy.
- Slick shifts and reliability abound with Shimano's gravel Di2
- Braze-on derailleur offers 2.5+mm of extra clearance for tires
- Semi and full SynchroShift compatible for ultra-smooth shifts
- Wider front gearing range tuned to the demands of gravel riding
- Internal tech works the same as Ultegra Di2 for reliability
- Built to handle smooth shifting, even under pedaling torque
- Auto-trims prevent chain rub when working through shifts
- Customize your shifting with E-Tube
- Item #SHIU19C
- Q & A
Can I mount this with a clamp on a bike without a front D boss?