Why We Like The Maestrale RS Alpine Touring Boot
Positioned among the top-tier freeride boots in Scarpa’s line, we bust out the Maestrale RS Alpine Touring Boot for those backcountry skiing missions where we can’t accept a compromise. The walk mode is designed to function with minimal friction and offers an incredible 60-degrees of cuff rotation for efficient skinning through the approach, and up the ascent.
The 125 flex and Grilamid shell offer alpine boot-inspired descending characteristics, with both fore-and-aft and lateral stiffness that rewards hard-charging skiers. Stiff and swift is the name of the game, the RS version of the Maestrale only suffers from a 40 gram weight penalty, yet is twenty percent stiffer for those steep and deep days in the mountains.
- Progressive alpine touring boots with an aggressive feel
- 125 flex is Scarpa's second stiffest Maestrale
- Shell combines Grilamid with long-strand carbon to save weight
- Three-piece shell with Pebax tongue for a smooth forward flex
- Wide 101mm last for added comfort on the ascent
- Friction-free walk mode with 60-degree cuff rotation
- Fully moldable Intuition liner provides a comfortable fit
- Vibram sole ensures reliable traction on windblown ridges
- Item #SCRZ285