Quest Prime GTX Backpacking Boot
From overnights on Colorado's Front Range to rugged treks along Lake Superior's shores, the Salomon Women's Quest Prime GTX Backpacking Boot offers the best of ankle stability, unrelenting grip, breathability, and waterproof protection for your backpacking and hiking pleasure. Stealing the show with its aggressive traction, the Contagrip sole features rugged lugs that grip tenaciously across mountainsides, muddy forests, and slippery streams.
Tipping the scales at just over 17 ounces per boot, the Quest Prime GTX is one of the lightest backpacking options on the market. This equates to a lively feel without the draining heft and cumbersome sensation of heavier hiking boots. The lightweight feel doesn't mean you're sacrificing comfort, though. Salomon's Sensifit liner keeps your foot from slipping around in the boot, while the molded EVA midsole and shank offer all-day support and all-terrain stability.
Equipped with a Gore-Tex Extended Comfort membrane, the Quest Prime GTX keeps your feet blissfully dry in soaking-wet conditions, while enhancing breathability during day-long treks in warmer weather. In fact, you'll find a noticeable increase in comfort over traditional Gore-Tex boots, which are susceptible to holding in excess sweat during active pursuits. And, to ensure longevity and protect your precious toes from rocks, a protective heel cap and toe overlays have you covered when you're bushwhacking and walking across rugged terrain.
- Rugged yet lightweight backpacking boot for technical trails
- Waterproof split suede and nylon mesh uppers add durability
- Gore-Tex Extended Comfort offers waterproofing and breathability
- Reinforced heel and toe cap protect feet from rocks
- Ortholite cushioned footbed absorbs fatiguing shock
- EVA midsole and molded shank provide all-day support
- Contagrip sole with aggressive lugs ensure maximum grip
- Sensifit liner keeps foot secure and supported
- Item #SAL00SI
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- Fit: Runs large
My girlfriend has had problems with boots in the past, but she loves these. We just got back from a 15-mile backpacking trip, and she had nothing but good things to say about these boots. They have a slightly wider last, which works great for her since she's had problem with her boots being too narrow. They're also fairly flexible, so she was able to hike quite a ways in them right out of the box, without her feet turning to pulp as a result.