Onward and upward.
Brutally-cold belays and summit pushes in whiteout conditions call for the Patagonia Men's Hyper Puff Parka. It's built to keep you warm and dry through harsh high-altitude weather without restricting movement or getting in the way of your alpine aspirations.
One of the keys to this jacket's alpine prowess is its innovative HyperDAS insulation. Patagonia's warmest synthetic insulation, it maximizes dead air space (DAS) for greater heat retention, less weight, and superior compressibility. It's also doubled up in the torso to trap as much heat as possible by your core. Pertex Quantum fabric offers featherweight toughness, shields your from wind and snow, and stretches to accommodate climbing movements. Patagonia also included a stuff sack for easy storage in your pack at warmer lower elevations, so you can keep it neatly tucked away until you have to brave the storm near the peak.
- High-loft insulated jacket for frigid alpine ascents
- HyperDAS insulation is ultra-warm and ultra-compressible
- Pertex Quantum fabric is light, water-resistant, and stretchy
- Articulated patterning eliminates drafts and traps heat
- Single-pull adjustable hood fits over helmet
- Elasticized cuffs and drawcord hem seal out the elements
- Fold-over zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Includes stuff sack for easy storage
- Item #PAT01ZS
- Q & A
Warmer than Jamaica in August
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
Fits true to size, breatheable, comfortable, stylish and WARM.
I’ve never owned another Patagonia jacket as good as this. The old DAS parka this replaces doesn’t hold a candle to this thing and the old Primaloft insulation is a joke compared to what’s in this thing. The only jacket patagonia makes that’s probably warmer than this guy is the Fitz Roy parka.
Is there a reason why Patagonia is carrying the hoody but not the parka? The parka has more insulation in the core. Is it significantly warmer than the hoody?
Trying to figure out what is actually different about the Parka vs. the Hoody?
Parka has more pockets?
What about the zipper? two way to access harness as well?