Lyngen Powerstretch Pro Zip Hoodie
The key to comfort on long days in the backcountry layering, and the most important part of layering is your high performance mid layer. Zip up the Lyngen Powerstretch Pro Zip Hoodie to equip yourself with a lightweight mid-layer that is breathable, quick drying, durable and moves with you. The Polartec Power Stretch fabric and semi-fitted cut that creates this lightweight and moisture controlling piece extends into the neck and hood to create a built in balaclava to protect your face from heavy winds on ridges and open faces but can be easily zipped out and stored behind your head. Finally two small zippered pockets hold your daily essentials close by so that you can access that dream backcountry line in extreme comfort.
- Lightweight mid-layer for strenuous tours and other days on hill
- Polartec Power Stretch fabric ensures easy motion and breathability
- Built in hood doubles as a balaclava to block harmful winds
- Two zippered chest pockets hold your backcountry essentials
- Thumbholes keep your sleeves in place while skin and boot pack
- Reinforced elbows add durability and longevity
- Item #NRA00FW
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
- Height: 6'3"
- Weight: 185lbs
I'm loving my Norrona Lyngen hoodie. It's a perfect fit for my frame (6'3, 185, size L) and will serve me well on 40-50 degree winter runs. They did a great job of maintaining a stretchy slim fit, while also adding side zip pockets, that despite the slim fit, don't add any bulk or cause weird bunching. The chest pockets and elbow patches are pretty sweet. If there's a flaw to this jacket, it's that it doesn't have a slightly harder face, like the Arc'teryx Rho AR - also Polartec Powerstretch. I think the softer outer material on the Lyngen will pill over time. That said, I love this jacket...and may need to hit up another color.