Select style & size:Select options
Windburner's taking backcountry by storm.
- Windburner Stove package ideal for backpacking in a group of two
- Windproof, radiant burner with pressure regulator
- Invertible canister with stable platform for windy situations
- Non-stick pot and skillet with folding Talon handles for easy packing
- Modular system packs together, and strainer lid locks shut
- Item #CAS00C6
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I bought the original MSR reactor a year or two after it came out. Whilst my friends always had trouble with any hints of wind meeting their jetboils, I could happily boil water/melt snow quickly at any altitude or with strong winds. The one thing I missed was during summer camping the ability to actually cook meals and not just simply boil water. I wished I could turn the heat down.
MSR finally gave me what I was hoping for, and while this is not an ultra lightweight setup, I love the fact that I can actually COOK with this system. No problems frying trout, grilling onions, eggs, etc etc. in the frying pan. The extra weight and space this takes up in comparison to my reactor stove is worth it to me when I feel like a fresh meal and not going freeze dried.