Select style & size:Select options
The cooler Cooloir cooler.
Leave behind the food?! What a ridiculous sentiment! Get all your goodies where they need to go while you adventure with the Mountainsmith Cooloir 24. With enough space to bring the beer, the sandwich fixings, and all the chocolate candy you can imagine, the Cooloir will keep it all cold for up to 72 hours. The leak-proof design keeps any melted ice in, and the dry mesh pocket on the top is perfect for separating your food. Shoulder strap or handle carrying options make it easy to transport this cooler, so you will never have to be without good brew and good food.
- A durable, leak-proof cooler for bringing food on adventures
- Polyurethane coating keeps water and cold in
- Shoulder or handle carry offers easy transport
- Dry pocket for storing smaller food
- Daisy chain outer offers special carrying
- Bottle-opener included
- Item #MOU005L
- Q & A
Good at a discount
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I bought this at a local store for $80 and for that I think it's worth it, but maybe not at full price.
A couple notes:
1. It's bigger than I expected. It's big enough to cold 24 cans with ice. It could probably hold 2 shoeboxes? Anyways it's a good size, this was a plus for me, but depends on what you need.
2. It isn't very soft. Don't expect to be able to squeeze this down when it's empty, it's more like a hard cooler with a soft cover. Still nicer to carry and isn't going to dent your car if you knock the cooler into it, but it is a fixed shape and isn't flexible. This was the biggest negative to me: I wanted to be able to compress it to fit into my limited apartment storage space.
3. It works well. I generally only use coolers for day activities or maybe single overnights, and this insulates more than well enough for that.
4. It disassembles into the outer bag/cover you see in the pictures, then the insulation box can pull out, and the cover off the insulation box can come off. I actually find this a little annoying/unnecessary, but if you want to make sure you can get every part of it cleaned it could be a plus.
Anyways, I focused on the negative, but it is a nice cooler that looks cool and works well, and I'd buy it again at a sale price.