Warmth and dexterity for high alpine pursuits.
Great for ice climbing and base camp, the Mountain Equipment Super Alpine Glove uses a Ponterto soft shell fabric to block wind, resist moisture, and increase breathability. The Pittards leather palm offers superior grip whether it's wet or dry, and the pre-curved design provides excellent dexterity for making adjustments to gear or placing ice screws. The removable microfleece liner dries quickly when you get back to your tent, and wicks moisture while you're wearing it. The low-profile cuff cuts down on bulk for a streamlined fit with your jacket.
- A fleecy pair of gloves for enduring chilly days outside
- Leather palm offers grip even when wet
- Tricot fleece liner is sweat-wicking and warm
- Pre-curved fingers for dexterity
- Adjustable cuff offers personalized wear
- Item #MEQ007J
- Q & A
Great Dexterity, Terrible Waterproofing.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I really wanted to like this glove. The dexterity is awesome and when dry, it is the perfect warmth/thickness for leading ice. That being said, even after multiple rounds of wax, these gloves are sponges. They soak up water like no other glove I've worn, leading to many rounds with the frozen barfies. Returning them for another glove.