Select style & size:Select options
The Leki Corklite DSS Trekking Poles provide a stable, shock-absorbing platform for hikes up steep grades and backpacking trips. This upgraded version is based on Leki's legendary Corklite Pole, offering the same aluminum construction and Aergon Cor-Tec grip for an ergonomic feel in-hand. It collapses down to 26 inches for compact storage in your pack and includes a versatile trekking basket for three-season use.
The Dynamic Suspension System (DSS) differentiates this pole from the original version, providing optimal shock absorption on the trail. DSS places an anti-shock mechanism at the bottom the pole, dissipating jarring impacts from fatiguing your hands and tiring your knees. Ultimately, it creates a smoother walking platform, especially when you're going down steep grades with abusive rocks and hard surfaces.
- Stable, shock-absorbing support on the trail
- Dynamic Suspension System (DSS) absorbs jarring impact
- Aergon Cor-Tec grip for an ergonomic feel and control
- Aluminum construction for lightweight durability
- SpeedLock 2 System locks securely without slipping
- Trekking baskets adds stability on the trail
- Adjusts from 100 to 135 centimeters
- Includes two trekking poles
- Item #LEK003T
- Q & A
Obnoxious vibrations with every step
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I get what Leki was going for here but it... didn't work very well. Trekking poles are gonna vibrate a little, I get that. Energy has to go somewhere. The tips on these are somewhat loose fitting around the pole shaft, able to slide up and down. While necessary for the shock absorbers to work, this looseness really amplifies the vibration and makes it annoyingly audible. It's BOINGGG BOINGGG BOINGGG while walking along and this is just on a test walk around the house on carpet, not planting them very hard either. I guess if you have sensitive joints and want shock absorption and can deal with shaky poles then go ahead and get these. I'm sending them back and getting the regular Corklites.