Exie Mountain Bike Frame
Why We Like The Ibis Exie Mountain Bike Frame
Handmade in Santa Cruz, the Ibis Exie Mountain Bike Frame is built to be as light and fast as possible for our next XC bike build. Coming in at just under four and a half pounds, including the rear shock, this frame is ultralight, ultra-stiff, and incredibly capable. The Exie is designed around 29-inch wheels and progressive geometry for unmatched handling and stability at speed to blur the lines between an XC-race bike and a downcountry bike. The 67.2-degree headtube angle is just steep enough to ensure complete agility through any line, and size-specific seat tube angles steepen as the sizes get larger so that we can all get into a position that optimizes our potential for power output. Plus, Ibis added home mechanic-friendly internal cable routing so that we're not spending half our build time poking around the bike with picksets and flashlights.
The Exie features the legendary DW-Link rear suspension to provide us with unbeatable traction everywhere across the mountain, from slippery, root-covered climbs to loose, sandy descents. A Fox Factory Float DPS rear shock bolsters the DW-Link suspension to deliver an ultra-supportive pedaling platform so that we can drop the hammer on the climbs and have all that power transfer into forward motion. The Exie frame is designed around a short-offset 120mm fork to hold up to the demands of increasingly gnarly cross-country race courses. We also get room for two full-size water bottles in the front triangle of every size and the ability to run up to 2.4-inch wide tires so that we can customize our traction to whatever the terrain demands. So whether we're setting out to rip some local trails at blinding speeds or toeing the line at our next XC race, the Ibis Exie Mountain Bike Frame is an uncompromising, lightweight speed machine.
- Ultralight cross-country frame handbuilt in the United States
- Efficient DW-Link suspension ensures we don't squander any watts
- 67.2° headtube angle delivers precise handling and agility
- 29-inch wheel size provides unbeatable rollover ability
- Recommended 120mm fork travel provides downcountry capability
- Fox Factory Float DPS has remote lockout for maximum efficiency
- Lower link IGUS bushings offer virtually maintenance-free performance
- Integrated upper chain guide ensures no dropped chains in techy sections
- Item #IBSB09Z