2400 Windrider 40L Backpack
Hyperlite Mountain Gear's 2400 Windrider 40L Backpack weighs barely over a pound, yet it still has enough capacity for minimalist overnights. This pack is made from the same Dyneema rope fabric used to catch climbers when they fall, so you know it will last for seasons. The Windrider also has a roll-top closure and taped seams for reliable protection in wet weather. There's an internal sleeve styled for hydration reservoirs and a loop designed for ice axes. The Windrider also has external mesh pockets, zippered waist belt pockets for valuables, and top and side compression straps for a secure load.
- A lightweight, weatherproof pack for minimalist backpackers
- Dyneema fabric endures well against the rough and wild backcountry
- Aluminum stays add support but can be removed to save weight
- Padded spacer mesh delivers a comfortable carry as you hike
- Roll-top closure defends against rain and lets you adjust pack size
- Fully taped seams and waterproof fabric keeps your gear safe and dry
- Assorted pockets help you organize smaller need-to-reach items
- Top and side compression straps help consolidate your load
- Item #HMG0001
- 40L (2441cu in)
- Dyneema Hardline, removable aluminum stays
- Shoulder Straps
- sewn-in spacer mesh, 3/8-inch foam
- Waist Belt
- 1/8-inch foam, 3/8-inch foam, spacer mesh
- Hydration Compatible
- internal sleeve with port
- Reservoir Included
- not included
- 3 external mesh, 2 zippered waist belt
- Ice Axe Carry
- Trekking Pole Carry
- Rain Cover
- waterproof by design
- top, sides
- 10.66 x 10.5 x 30in
- Claimed Weight
- [white] 1lb 12oz, [black] 1lb 13oz
- ultralight backpacking
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
3 based on 2 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
July 8, 2023
Best Backpack ive ever had
- I've put it through the wringer
- Size Bought:
- 5' 7"
Saw the other 1 star review and could not help myself but review this pack (Got it from REI 3 years ago). I have used this as a daypack, as an overnight pack, as an 8 day backpacking bag, and as a multi day alpine mountaineering bag. This thing can do it all and has stood up to hundreds of miles of abuse. Do not listen to the detractors, this bag is the real deal. This model in particular is better due to the mesh pockets which allow you to dry things. Only this that made this bag better was buying some elastic cord to attach ice tools and crampons to the outside of the center mesh pouch using the eyelets that are already there.
January 24, 2022
Worst pack ever
- I've used it several times
Not here to troll, this pack was legitimately the biggest waste of money ever. Everything has torn already and I haven?t had the pack long or put it through much abuse. Please save yourself the $ and frustration and consider a much more functional and durable pack. This pack has just become more disappointing each day that goes by.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help