Keep on trucking.
Forget hanging up the bike for its wintertime residency in the garage when swirling rain clouds and gusty storm fronts threaten to ruin your daily commute and riding routine. Instead, suit up with the Gore-Tex Paclite Jacket by Gore Bike Wear before heading out the door with its fully waterproof, ultra-breathable construction.
This protective riding jacket employs Gore-Tex Paclite, which is a highly breathable, ultra-lightweight, and fully waterproof membrane/laminate. This way, you can keep riding through the nasty conditions you're bound to experience in transitional seasons and milder winter climates without becoming a soaked, shivering mess on the road.
Reflective piping accents keep you visible on the road when you're riding home in low-light conditions. Moreover, you'll find a zippered security pocket for storage, as well as an adjustable hood, drawstring hemline, and elastic cuffs for sealing out the elements.
- Designed for riding through heavy rain and gusty fronts
- Gore-Tex Paclite is waterproof, breathable, lightweight
- Gore's Comfort fit is relaxed for freedom of movement
- Adjustable hem and hood for sealing out the elements
- Elastic cuffs provide a snug fit without irritation
- Low-bulk construction packs down to stash in a pack
- Zippered rear pocket for securing accessories
- Reflective accents stand out in low lighting
- Item #GBW00BT
- Q & A
Keeps You Dry In A Pinch
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I'm 5'11" and 175lbs and often split between medium and large in terms of sizing. I decided to buy both to try them out and see which fit best - large was hands down the way to go in this case. It fit well - not snug, not loose. A perfect, athletic fit.
What I like about the jacket:
- The hood fits over a bike helmet. Rainy day? No problem. Throw up the hood and you're set.
- Goretex Paclite is waterproof and packs down tiny enough to fit into a pack or even, gasp, a fanny pack. Fantastic emergency shell for the trail! I haven't fully put it through the ringer to talk durability. Will report back on it.
- I like that you can cinch down the bottom of the jacket and the hood.
What I Don't Like:
- I guess lack of pockets, not a huge fan of rear pockets like it has. With that said, I don't really mind as its more of an emergency style shell or can wear a pack.
- I do slightly worry the lack of venting may lead to overheating, but will cross that bridge when I come to it.
If you need a good trail jacket for wet weather that also packs down pretty small, look no further! If you have any questions on sizing or if you're looking to place an order, feel free to reach me at my direct line 801.204.4547 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and would be happy to help!