Select a Size
Select a Color
Trig MIPS Helmet
The Giro Grig MIPS Helmet was designed for freestyle skiers and riders who charge. Its durable hardshell construction is equipped with an innovative venting system to keep you at a comfortable temperature while you're pushing your limits on the slopes. Thermostat Control Adjustable Venting keeps the air flowing through the helmet whether you're ascending or descending while the Stack Ventilation helps to keep your goggles fog free no matter the conditions.
When you ski or ride aggressively, the MIPS technology the Trig is equipped with makes it an ideal choice as it reduces rotational impact from angled crashes. Standing for Multi-Directional Impact Protection System, MIPS helmets are constructed with a low-friction, elastomeric liner that's attached to the impact-absorbing EPS foam. This low-friction liner rotates independently around your head and redirects impact energy to reduce rotational forces before they're transferred through the helmet.
The Trig comes equipped with Giro's In Form Fit System with Vertical Tuning to help you achieve a perfect fit for a full-day of comfort. The removable ear pads provide condition versatility as you can keep them attached mid-winter, but then remove them when the sun comes out and spring corn has its day. All this tech is shielded in a progressive brimmed design that pairs seamlessly with all Giro goggles for style points during your next freestyle sessions or backcountry expeditions.
- Hard-shell, freestyle helmet for protection and comfort on the hill
- MIPS low-friction liner helps reduce rotational energy in impacts
- Thermostat Control venting keeps air flowing while on the slopes
- Stack Ventilation helps keep goggles fog free throughout the day
- In Form fit system with Vertical Tuning helps achieve perfect fit
- Removable ear pads keep helmet versatile from early to late winter
- Compatible with aftermarket Giro audio systems for skiing jams
- Subtle brim design gives seamless compatibility with Giro goggles
- Item #GIR00JE
- Shell Material
- Impact Foam
- EPS foam with MIPS low-friction liner
- Audio Compatible
- aftermarket Giro audio systems by Outdoor Tech
- Thermostat Control (adjustable), Stack Ventilation
- Fit Adjustment
- In Form Fit System, Vertical Tuning
- subtle brim
- CE EN1077
- Recommended Use
- skiing, snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
February 18, 2019
Large but great!
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Giro helmets are definitely a bit on the bulbous side, but they are great quality and when paired with Giro goggles due to the seamless fit. Gotta love not having a goggle gap! The MIPS technology is designed to help lessen the impact of a head injury and keeps you safe when taking a fall. It is so much cooler to wear a helmet than it is to have a TBI, so please invest in one! You'll be happy you did.
February 11, 2019
Great quality, a little large
- I returned this product before using it
This helmet was very well designed, loved the fit and finish, but I looked like I was flying a helicopter. If you have a large head, this probably isn't a helmet that will look good on you.
November 30, 2018
Classic Giro helmut
I purchased this for my daughter. It fits great. You can't go wrong with these helmuts.