Embrace the Type II fun.
While the rest of the world is sleeping, you're high in the alpine getting ready to top out on a hairy multi-pitch mixed route. Garmont designed the Men's Icon Plus GTX Boot for those who spend a good chunk of time in some of Mother Nature's more hostile environments.
Garmont constructed the upper with Schoeller fabric and 360-degree rubber rand to provide superior abrasion resistance and protection from sharp rock. Gore-Tex Insulated Comfort and PrimaLoft insulation work to keep your feet nice and toasty during harrowing blizzards and howling winds. Tech PU crampon inserts are at the heel and toe for extra security and shock absorption, and the lace-to-toe closure provides a snug, precise fit. While not as burly as an expedition boot you might find on the southeast ridge of Mount Everest, the Icon Plus has sizable alpine capabilities that can handle some pretty gnarly conditions.
- A light single boot for high alpine mountaineering and ice climbing
- Tough Schoeller upper for abrasion resistance
- Gore-Tex Insulated Comfort works to keep your feet warm and dry
- Crampon inserts for added security
- Carbon-fiber insole for crampon rigidity
- Vibram outsole to maximize traction
- PU insert in the heel for extra stability
- Lace-to-toe closure for a precise fit
- Item #GAR004E