Select Style & Size
Launch Pro D3O Elbow Guard
The D30 protective inserts at the heart of Fox Racing's Launch Pro D30 Elbow Guard solve the dilemma of padding vs flexibility. D30 is a wacky polymer that is flexible under slow, non-calamitous energy inputs—think bending your elbow. Under the shock of sudden impact, though, the material stiffens to absorb and diffuse energy before returning to its pliant, non-impact form.
We know that all sounds too good to be true, but, well, it's true. The stuff works. And in order to keep it working through multiple impacts and seasons of abuse, Fox shields it with an abrasion-resistant, replaceable cap.
- An elbow guard that's both flexible and protective
- Padding is pliant during slow inputs but stiffens on impact
- Replaceable elbow cap helps prevent snags and protects main padding
- Breathable, hypoallergenic sleeve secures with a hook-and-loop strap
- Panels mapped to conform to a body in the saddle
- Item #FXR01Y0
- [sleeve] Ariaprene neoprene, [pad] D30
- Protection Area
- Recommended Use
- mountain bike
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
June 4, 2019
Fox Launch elbow pads
- I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
I bought these elbow pads for my brother. They fit him great and are not too hot when riding. Size purchased was medium.
October 23, 2017
Try on first
Hard to fit perfect, try on first
July 1, 2018
What are your measurements and what size did you end up with?
September 25, 2017
Needs wrist strap
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
The elbow pad has a strap at the bicep which holds the pad in place. If your measurements are such that the pad is tight at the wrist you will be great. If like me your bicep is slightly smaller things get difficult. I crashed on gravel and the pad simply pushed up my arm to the elbow. Naturally this left my forearm to get chewed up by the gravel. I added a wrist strap, but I don't recommend the pad. This was my only crash, but who plans to crash? They are comfortable, if only they would stay in place during the crash!