A myth made true.
Pull the idea that superlight skis suffer in downhill performance out of the mythical closet of trolls, dragons, and fairy tales, because Dynastar's Mythic 87 Ski is a myth made true. The Mythic 87 is a hybrid of sorts, with a mountaineering-friendly, ultralight construction hovering around four pounds per pair and downhill performance that will leave tears in your eyes. Its 87mm waist is undoubtedly ideal for technical, icy terrain found in the high alpine, but Dynastar's patented profile ensures a solid ride wherever hard snow resides in the backcountry.
The Mythic sports long tip rocker that helps track steep skinners, enhances turn initiation on the downhill, and maneuvers around hidden sharks and thick tree lines. Camber underfoot increases shock absorption and edge grip when you're gaining speed. Dynastar made this ski with an ultralight core made of paulownia wood and Divinycell foam, sturdy C-ply carbon laminates, and fiberglass for an optimized feel on snow and balanced flex, which translates to more power and better performance on the descent. Its sandwich construction includes full-length sidewalls for stability at high speeds.
- Dynastar's lightest alpine touring and mountaineering ski
- 87mm waist width is ideal for icy couloirs and technical descents
- Long tip rocker eases tracking on the ascent
- Camber underfoot increases edge grip on the descent
- Light paulownia wood core with Divinycell foam inserts
- C-Ply carbon laminate assures rugged downhill performance
- Sandwich construction with full-length sidewalls enhance durability
- Item #DYN003M
- Q & A
How does this ski differ from the 87mm waist mythic vertical with black topsheet that is on dynastar website?