Why We Like The DMM Pivot Belay Device
Like many standard belay devices, the DMM Pivot is made from tough and lightweight aluminum, with two friction options to help us fine-tune our rappel speed. Unlike other devices, the Pivot sports a hinged guide-mode loop that provides some extra leverage and smooth action when we need to lower our second off the belay ledge.
- Tube style belay device with an innovative guide-mode mechanism
- Aluminum construction for lightweight durability
- Internal grooves offer increased friction
- Flips 180 degrees to bypass friction grooves
- Pivoting guide-mode loop for controlled, efficient lowering
- Accommodates 8.7 - 11mm diameter single ropes and 7.3 - 9.2mm diameter twin ropes
- Item #DMM000M
- hot-forged aluminum
- [regular mode] tube, [guide mode] auto-blocking
- Rope Diameter
- [single] 8.7 - 11mm, [half/twin] 7.3 - 9.2mm
- Claimed Weight
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited 1 year
5 based on 1 ratings
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
August 3, 2020
- I've used it several times
Works perfectly with Clepsydra S carabiner, both in normal belaying and guide mode. The huge hanger hole is surprisingly nice for rotating a biner through if you've used the smaller opening on an ATC. It's just slightly less fussy, does not get stuck on barrels. The release hole is compatible with smaller noses on biners like other belay devices, it doesn't work with BD HoodWire gate biners or WC Heliums, though can also use a dyneema sling.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help