Release 29 1 Mountain Bike
The Diamondback Release series has existed for nearly two years, and two build options have taken center stage during that span of time. This year, however, the Washington-based brand is adding another chariot to the Release series lineup with the Release 29 1 Mountain Bike, an entry-level ripper featuring a full-suspension setup that new and experienced riders alike will quickly enjoy.
Diamondback starts this build with a 6000-series aluminum frame for a lightweight ride that offers responsive feedback on the trail. The progressive frame is designed to conquer mixed terrain, from loose chatter to casual drops, and the rear. Suntour Edge R shock pairs perfectly with the SR Suntour Aion fork to help you manage obstacles in playful fashion. Both the front and rear suspension feature rebound adjustment to dial in your fit and find that sweet spot.
Moving beyond the frame, components such as a 1 x 12 SRAM SX cassette, shifter, and crank set are a welcome addition as you manage hill climbs with speed and efficiency. A set of TRP Slate hydraulic brakes employ classic 2-piston braking power that comes in handy on hard turns and cuts, while a TranzX dropper post with a 1x remote also comes standard, as does a WTB saddle that sits on a 73° angle for easy-to-find comfort and control.
The Sync'R 29 1 is designed to handle hot laps on the weekends and trail rides with friends after work. The WTB Vigilante tires are built to support your speedy runs without sacrificing grip when you need it most. Lastly, a Diamondback-branded handlebar and stem keep things stiff and responsive to offer plenty of control for positive handling.
- A lively full-suspension setup to conquer the trail
- 6000-series aluminum frame is lightweight and durable
- Progressive geometry yields agile and confident handling
- External cable routing offers simpler maintenance and repair
- SR Suntour Aion fork features 140mm of air-sprung travel
- WTB saddle is designed for all-day use
- Diamondback handlebar and stem feature stiff, controlled steering
- This bike does not come with tubeless tires or tubeless valve stems
- Item #DMB1WUJ