Every advantage matters when you're fighting for position in open water, but the most expensive wetsuits can cost as much as a round-trip ticket to the other side of the world. If you want to keep your pennies in your travel fund while still gaining a swim advantage this year, invest in the Blueseventy Reaction Women's Wetsuit. Sitting just below Blueseventy's top-of-the-line Helix, the Reaction costs half as much but still delivers significant improvements to buoyancy and body positioning compared to more entry-level models.
Part of what separates higher-end wetsuits from their more entry-level siblings is the type and arrangement of neoprene used. For the Reaction, Blueseventy employs thinner Yamamoto neoprene on the arms and lower legs, which improves mobility in the water compared to less expensive, uniform wetsuits. Along the core, hips, and lower torso, Blueseventy uses a 4-5-4 design to put your body in an efficient "downhill" swimming position. This, coupled with the wetsuit's upper body flexibility, encourages more powerful strokes and reduces energy loss and fatigue.
- Gain an edge this tri season without taking out a loan
- Updated design is more flexible for improved mobility
- Durable neoprene construction improves buoyancy and glide
- SCS coating reduces friction and improves glide
- Split V02 chest panel accommodates lung expansion
- Full-length zipper helps you get through T1 quickly
- Legs can be cut up to 6cm to the right length for you
- Item #BLS001K
- Q & A
Just keep swimming
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- Height: 5'5"
- Weight: 135lbs
Bought this for my sister as she was prepping for the escape from Alcatraz race. Needless to say she finished and said the fit is great. A little pricey than some other wetsuits, but hopefully the durability will hold.