Select Style & Size
- Another innovation to Black Diamond's best-selling Camalots
- RigidFlex stem doesn't bend under tension while being retracted
- OmniFlex construction ensures uniform flexes across all sizes
- Narrower heads allow for tighter constrictions in smaller placements
- Sandblasted lobes increase holding power
- Dynex sling is slim, durable, and comes in unique colorways
- Item #BLDZ97M
- Placement Range
-  7.5 - 11.8mm [0.1] 8.8 - 13.8mm [0.2] [10.4 - 16.3mm [0.3] 12.4 - 22.6mm [0.4] 15.3 - 27.7mm [0.5] 18.8 - 33.9mm [0.75] 23.1 42.1mm- 42.1mm
-  5kN [0.1] 5kN [0.2] 6kN [0.3] 8kN [0.4] 9kN [0.5] 10kN [0.75] 10kN
- Cam Lobes
- Claimed Weight
-  1.51oz [0.1] 1.58oz [0.2] 1.69oz [0.3] 1.9oz [0.4] 2.15oz [0.5] 2.71oz [0.75] 3.28oz
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
April 26, 2020
First impressions and comparisons
Interesting and promising design- big improvements made over previous BD cams. Much lighter and narrower head width than X4s. In fact, the .4 Z4 is the same weight as the Ultralight .4 with a much smaller head width (see photo), cheaper price, and itâs rated 1kn more- basically rendering the UL .4 obsolete. The head width and expansion range is basically the same as the .8 (yellow) Totem, although the Totem likely has it beat in effective expansion range but is also 20 grams heavier. Interestingly the Z4 has a slightly different lobe shape (more squared at the back) than previous BD cams. Another difference is the distance from trigger to head is slightly longer than previous BD cams (itâs about the same as a Totem) allowing for a little more reach for those hard to get to placements. All things considered, a well thought out design that seemed to try to incorporate some of the Totem advantages (mainly head width) with the time tested BD design and with a couple new innovations thrown in.
August 27, 2020
Thanks, Joshua! This was super helpful!