Why We Like The Navis Freebird Ski
The Black Crows Navis Freebird Ski is basically a tweaked version of the regular Navis—a reasonably traditional all-mountain charger—that's been lightened up to make the backcountry world our oyster. The poplar and paulownia core lightens this build without taking away from the easily edged and maneuvered shape. This maneuverability is further bolstered by the camber underfoot, rocker in the tip and tail, and stable mid-length turn radius.
- Alpine touring ski designed for chasing powder in the backcountry
- 102mm waist is quick edge to edge in bad snow, offers some float
- Camber underfoot grips skin tracks and helps you lay an edge quickly
- Rocker in the tip and tail creates quick control and float
- Paulowia and poplar combine for weight savings and snappy response
- Titanal reinforcement plate under bindings for better retention
- Semi-cap construction balances lightness with durability
- Slightly raised tail with notch for attaching climbing skins
- Item #BKCB058
- 167cm, 173cm, 179cm, 185cm
- [167cm] 136 / 102 / 116mm, [173cm] 138 / 102 / 118mm, [179cm] 138 / 102 / 119mm, [185cm] 139 / 102 / 120mm
- Turn Radius
- [167cm] 18m, [173, 179, 185cm] 19m
- rocker / camber / rocker
- paulownia, poplar
- fiberglass, carbon fiber
- Claimed Weight
- [pair, 167cm] 6lb 13oz (3100g), [173cm] 7lb 3oz (3250g), [179cm] 7lb 8oz (3400g), [185cm] 7lb 13oz (3550g)
- backcountry skiing, all-mountain skiing, powder skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited 2 years
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help