Select style & size:Select options
Impact is inevitable.
As you ramp up your game, you also take more powerful spills. Wear the 7 Protection Project Knee Pad to give your knees some defense against rough landings. The flexible hardshell is designed to disperse shock and slide over surfaces during impact instead of stopping the motion. Since hopefully the majority of your rides don't include crashes, the knitted sock is breathable and flexible, ensuring that you can pedal efficiently while you're rubber-side down. Silicone strips at both ends minimize slipping as you pedal, and a hook-and-loop strap gives the thigh a customized fit, making it comfortable to wear whether you're training or racing.
- Knee pads distribute force and cushion impact
- Flexible hardshell for malleable protection
- Polygon foam absorbs shock and moves with you
- Knit sock is flexible and breathable
- Cutouts at the patella and back of knee for movement
- Hook-and-loop closure for a customized fit
- Center strap system ensures even distribution of pressure
- Item #SPU000H
- Q & A
No scrapped knee's here
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 175lbs
Looking for a little extra protection at the DH park without going full super pad, these might just be the ticket.
I have been wearing the 7 Protection Sam Hill knee pads in a medium for some time and really like the fit and feel so it seemed only natural to give these a shot. I did find that the medium did fit more snug than the Sam Hills in the same size, but not unbearably so not enough to make me want pick up the large size.
The added protection does bulk them up and I would not want to wear these on a climb or for an everyday knee pad when riding out on the trail. Pedaling in these does seem a bit labored compared to the Sam Hills.
I would say if you are on the small end of the size chart you will be fine however if you are the upper end you may want to size up.