The most versatile ski in Volkl's VTA series, the VTA 98 is what you're going to take on big missions and multi-day trips where ounces count so much that you've sawed your tooth brush in half to cut weight. It's fun to have fat pow sticks to slay deep powder, but backcountry skiing inevitably involves a lot of variable crud and sketchy maneuvering. While the VTA 98 keeps you afloat in powder, it handles the crap much better than it's burlier 108mm-waisted older brother.
Constructed with Volkl's Tourlite wood core, Superlite Outline, and carbon tip, these feather light sticks will have you cruising up the skinner like someone lit a fire under your ass. The flat tails come in handy while you're maneuvering up gnarly kick turns that make you wish you kept up with yoga after your free week expired, and the Ice.Off topsheets keep pesky snow buildup from dragging you down on the way up. The VTA 98 may be light, but camber underfoot and moderate tapering still let you rip turns down steep, firm snow with stability and control.
- A lightweight touring ski for conquering big objectives
- Versatile 98mm waist is ideal in any condition
- Rockered tip keeps you afloat in deep snow
- Flat tail aids in tricky uphill maneuvering
- Tourlite wood core is light and springy
- Carbon tip is lightweight and stable at high speeds
- Ice.Off topsheet keeps snow off your skis
- Item #VKL005S