Select a Size
Select a Color
Out Day 20L+4L Backpack
The Salomon Out Day 20L+4L Backpack is a comfortable, low-bulk, and low-hassle option for all of your day-long adventures. With padded and ventilated straps and a MotionFit suspension system that moves with you as you walk, hike, or run, it's the kind of pack that you'll forget you're wearing until you need it, and then you'll find nothing but pleasant surprises. Hydration compatibility keeps water within easy reach at all times, and offers two different options for water storage—a standard reservoir sleeve, and a stretch pocket on the shoulder straps that fits a 500ml soft flask. The main compartment is expandable by 4L, letting you stash even more layers and gear for varying activity and conditions, while side-access zippers let you quickly access your important items without having to root around from the top of the pack. Plus, in addition to standard gear loops, there's attachment points for trekking poles and ice axes, giving you true multi-sport and multi-season versatility for any dawn-to-dusk pursuit.
- Versatile pack that's ready for high-intensity day-long missions
- MotionFit suspension system moves with you for ergonomic comfort
- Padded waist and shoulder straps keep you comfortable on the trail
- Expandable main compartment offers more storage for gear and layers
- Zippered side entry makes it easier to access important items
- Hydration compatibility gives you multiple ways to access water
- Trekking pole and ice axe carries keep you prepared in any season
- Item #SAL01NW
- nylon, polyester
- [regular] 20L, [expanded] 24L
- MotionFit system, load lifter straps
- Shoulder Straps
- adjustable, vented EVA
- Waist Belt
- adjustable, vented EVA
- Hydration Compatible
- 500ml soft flask, bladder
- Reservoir Included
- top, side
- 2 hip belt, 1 fron expandable stash, 2 side stretch, 1 front stretch flask, 1 front zippered stretch, 1 top
- Gear Loops
- Ice Axe Carry
- Trekking Pole Carry
- 20.4 x 9.8 x 8.6in
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 7.6oz
- Recommended Use
- hiking, ice climbing, mountaineering, sport climbing, trad climbing, trail running, travel
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
April 26, 2019
a good pack
This pack is great in the sense that it is really comfortable in the shoulder area and the waist area. I agree with the other review though with the design of the pack. If it isn't quite full enough the weight transfers unevenly but if I have an extra hoody in the back and it's full it fills out really well.
March 28, 2019
Wanted to like.
Really wanted to like, but had to return. First off, this pack has a lot to like. Itâs well organized and sleek, great pocket placement. Near perfect size for a day on the trail. So why the return? It doesnât carry weight well. My guess would be it had something to with it being designed as a running vest first with additional storage added on. No matter how I tried to adjust, all the weight seems to transfer directly onto a small section of my back. When fully loaded I had it at around 11.5 pounds, but it felt closer to 20+(again sitting on a very small section of my back). If Salomon maybe added a light frame sheet or changed the foam backing, I feel theyâd have a winner.
May 24, 2020
Justin- did you find something you liked better? Thanks!