Select style & size:Select options
Powder Hound Hybrid Insulated Dog Jacket
- Water-resistant fabric sheds snow
- High-loft polyester traps in core heat
- Nylon-spandex blend gussets for range of motion
- Sleeve style minimizes heat loss
- Zippered closure for easy on and off
- Reflective trip and light loop increase visibility
- Item #RUF003T
- Q & A
I have purchased ruff wear items before, my dog typically is a large and this jacket, in particular, runs a little bigger than a previous jacket I purchased for her. She is a 70 lb American bulldog and it fits her comfortably, not too big but not tight at all.
Ruffwear Powder Hound Insulated Jacket
Awesome option if you are looking to keep your pup warm on those really cold snowy days. The hybrid version is great because it's stretchy enough that your dog can still run without overheating or losing any mobility. I would say it runs slightly small so if you feel like your dog is in between sizes, I'd recommend going down.
Looks tight but runs large
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
My herding mix is ~40 lbs and looks like you'd expect of his breed(s) — leggy and skinny. Based on the size guide and the tighter fit of the jacket it looked like the M was a safer bet but he was swimming in it. We needed to exchange for a S.
Other than that, the down part of the jacket is really nice. I was worried about the underside being too thin but it's fleece-lined and really cozy. Great jacket!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
The jacket seems very warm, my dog really likes it. The medium jacket might be a little large for my 40lb good boy. They do run a bit large. I love the color and get many compliments on the trail!