Down and synthetic combined.
Most alpinists opt for full down bags because they provide light, lofty, and compact performance for easier approaches, but there's always the lingering fear that a little water will make down bags useless during chilly nights in the alpine. The other option is a full synthetic bag that retains warmth in moisture-riddled environments, and is generally more durable than down bags, but that adds usually comes with a higher weight penalty and more pack space. Rab's designers wanted to give you the best of both worlds; the Women's Morpheus 3 Sleeping Bag, which features a down-insulated top and a sturdy synthetic base. Rab also treated the down with Nikwax to help the lofty feathers retain warmth in wet environments. Also unique to the Morpheus is the dual zipper (a 1/4-length zipper on the left and a 3/4-length zipper on the right) to allow extra ventilation in case you get too warm. This bag's 12-degree temperature rating is great for summer backpacking in the alpine, backpacking in lower altitudes during the shoulder seasons, and trekking across the desert in the middle of winter.
- Durable, versatile sleeping bag for alpine trekking
- 16F temperature rating suitable for year-round camping
- Hydrophobic down insulates the top for lofty, compact convenience
- Synthetic insulation maintains protective warmth at the bag's base
- Zippers on both sides enhance ventilation
- Internal drawcords and collar offer secure coverage
- Internal stash pocket stores headlamp
- Item #RAB00EX