890v7 Running Shoe
When you're looking to go fast—whether you're lacing up for an interval workout or your next local 10k—the New Balance 890v7 Running Shoe is a reliable lightweight option to keep your stride light and quick. Coming in at about seven ounces, you'd hardly even notice you were wearing this shoe if it wasn't for its responsive REVlite midsole keeping your stride energized through speedy miles. The REVlite cushioning is a bit firmer than New Balance's cushy Fresh Foam offerings, but that firmness works a little more to your advantage when you're operating at higher speeds, and still provides smooth and easy transitions with every step.
Most of this shoe's weight-saving design comes by way of its Ground Contact outsole, which uses traditional outsole rubber only in key areas, placing the midsole cushioning in direct contact with the road everywhere else. The result is a significantly reduced weight and a little more flex than a standard rubber outsole shoe, without sacrificing too much in the way of durability. Rounding things out is the stylish, breathable, and adaptive upper, which wraps your foot comfortably as you blaze on forward down the road.
- Lightweight trainer for runs where you're focused on speed
- REVlite midsole delivers responsive energy return with each step
- Ground Contact outsole shaves weight to keep you light and quick
- Engineered knit upper is comfortable, lightweight, and breathable
- Minimalist heel counter offers support without tacking on bulk
- Item #NEW00ZC