Ready for all your frozen mountain endeavors.
The mountains are already challenging enough before you factor in waist-deep snow, icy slabs, and below-freezing temps. And yet, you live for venturing above the tree line during nature's harshest seasons. Whether you're mountaineering, backcountry skiing, or on a multi-day hut-to-hut mission, count on the Lowe Alpine Mountain Ascent 40+10L Backpack to smartly carry all the gear you need for your winter mountain explorations.
Designed with the winter mountaineer in mind, this pack features Lowe's unique HeadLocker ice axe attachment that lets you access or stow your ice axes without taking off your mittens, as well as gear loops and ice screw krab slots on the hipbelt for tackling technical ascents. A strap under the lid keeps climbing rope and crampons easily accessible, and the rugged fabric withstands abuse from frequent brushes with rough rocks. Meanwhile, a separate lower compartment holds overnight gear during hut-to-hut travel. And, this pack also handles all-day ski touring missions, thanks to ski carry slots that are wide enough to accommodate the ultra-wide planks preferred by powder-seekers these days.
- Versatile alpine pack for mountaineering, touring, or hut travel
- Lightweight fabrics are waterproof and abrasion-resistant
- Lower compartment separates overnight gear
- Under-lid rope and crampon strap keeps gear accessible
- Removable frame offers extra support and stability when needed
- HeadLocker ice axe attachment system is mitten-friendly
- Wide ski slots accommodate modern powder skis
- Removable hipbelt works with harness
- Item #LWA004O