Select Style & Size
Jogging stroller, meet bike trailer.
Turn your Thule child carrier into a killer bike trailer with the Thule 12mm Axle Adapter, which is compatible with any bike that has a 12mm Syntace X-12 rear axle.
- Compatible with 12mm Syntace X-12 rear axle.
- Item #CTC001O
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
What do you think about this product?
July 22, 2019
Not compatible 2015 Santa Cruz Bronson
The product looked great and the specs checked out but by the time I got my personal setup together, I only got about 5 turns on the thu axle instead of the typical 15 turns. It's just not quite long enough for the Bronson - just FYI.
Debbie Likes Snow
May 29, 2019
Thread is too fine
- 5` 7"
- 165 lbs
Bike: Trek FX Sport 6 The axle is perfect in diameter and length. However, the thread is to fine compared to the broader thread fit from my bike.
July 1, 2017
Axle works well, just a couple tips
- I've put it through the wringer
- 6` 1"
- 175 lbs
1) Make sure you get the right threads (I did not). This one is for Syntace X-12. I feel like most people have Maxle style threads these days and this won't fit that. At the very least, check your thread dimensions - if you have M12 x P1.5, this will NOT work 2) When you attach the trailer, use some loctite on the threads for the hex nut that screws into the axle. It kept loosening on me until I did that and then it was fine
May 17, 2016
needed for thru axle bikes
- I've used it several times
You need this if you want to use the bike trailer feature with a thru axle bike (which my mtn bike is). It has worked well for me.
February 29, 2016
you'll need it
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- 6` 0"
- 200 lbs
You need this if you're running a x-12 rear axle buy it now before you realize you need it after you've assembled your child carrier and can't figure out why the included axle doesn't fit your bike. Assembling the chariot was simple and after I pumped up the tires I wanted to test it out. So I'm glad I bought this adapter at the same time as my chariot.
March 18, 2019
Is this the right product for Specialized bike? Specifically the 2018 Turbo Vado e-bike?
March 19, 2019
I would suggest checking with Specialized for compatibility - there's a number of different thru axle thread pitches in use, this is M12 x P1.5.