Select your style & size:Select options
Effortlessly transport stand-up paddleboards and surfboards with the Yakima SUPPup Surf Rack. The rack's universal attachment system is compatible with Yakima's round and aero crossbars, as well as most factory and square crossbars. The sliding adjuster fits two boards up to 36-inches wide. Stow-away strap management prevents loud flapping at highway speeds when it's not in use. Fully assembled out of the box, it installs in approximately ten minutes. This surf rack includes two SUPPup racks, four bolt caps, and one tie-down strap.
- Includes 2 SUPPup racks, 4 bolt caps, and 1 tie-down
- Compatible with Yakima round and aero crossbars
- Fits most factory, aero, and round crossbars
- Minimum crossbar spread of 24-inches or greater
- Fits two boards, with smaller board on top
- Slider adjusts to boards up to 36-inches wide
- Stow-away strap management system
- Fully assembled out of the box
- Item #YAK002D
- Q & A
Good Outbound, not as much inbound
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Overall pretty good setup. Very easy to install onto roof rails. Very easy to load SUP onto and strap down. No complaints there at all.
My issue, however, is that on the outbound trip the straps tend to work great. I tighten and see no movement on my SUP and when I stop to unload I hear a noticeable release of the latch tension. Returning, however, they seem to loosen or stretch on the drive home. For example, I tighten them down to exactly the same tension as when I head out but a couple of miles into the return trip I pullover and notice that they are not nearly as tight as when I first left the lot. Cant tell if they are loosening from the buckles or if the straps themselves have stretched a bit from the sun.
Im not sure if sitting in the sun on top of my car while I am out on the water is an issue but it could be a bit of a concern for longer distance trips without periodic checking (even more so than recommended).