Select Style & Size
GRX FC-RX810 Crankset
Off-road miles come with more vigorous demands than sticking to the tarmac, and as such it's unreasonable to assume featherweight road components are suited for the demands of gravel riding. Shimano saw to it that you don't have to choose between mountain or road setups this year with its launch of the GRX groupset, and the GRX FC-RX810 Crankset provides Ultegra-level stiffness, with gravel-minded gearing.
Shimano has the technical expertise and manufacturing prowess to create industry-leading shifting and stiffness to weight for the rings and crank arms, respectively. The latter property is owed to Shimano's Hollowtech II arm construction, a heavily guarded secret. Where other manufacturers drill the arms to reduce weight or create two sides and clam-shell them together, Shimano is able to forge the arms and still keep them hollow. As with the Shimano 8100 series, Shimano adds some width to the XR810's arms and orients the spider to more efficiently transfer energy during important power phases throughout the pedal stroke. The asymmetric spider and chainring spacing allows Shimano to put two chainring bolts close to the wider arms, further adding rigidity to the rings for better shifting and power transfer.
- Shimano gets the gravel grind on with GRX
- Stiff power transfer allotted by Hollowtech II construction
- Chainring size are optimized for demands of gravel riding
- Ultegra-level construction is lightweight and reliable
- 24mm steel spindle provides ample stiffness and compatibility
- Tooth profile aggressively retains chain for minimal chain drops
- Shimano's suite of Hollow technologies reduce weight without sacrificing durability or efficiency
- Item #SHIU19A
- Arm Material
- HollowTech II
- Arm Length
- Chainring Sizes
- BB Type
- Q Factor
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
January 30, 2020
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This crankset was highly recommended by a friend. Build and design quality is impressive.
January 7, 2020
Incredible Customer Service
After discovering that the GRX 810 crankset was "sold out" everywhere else, Mark C. at Competitive Cyclist found one for me and shipped it right out. As soon as I receive it, I'll put it through its paces and update my review.
January 5, 2020
What bottom bracket is recommenced for this crank? I would like to install it on my Trek 920