You may subscribe to a tread lightly philosophy when you're in the backcountry, but you're also about sure-footed traction and covering a lot of ground. The Salomon Men's X Alp Mid LTR GTX Boot delivers with an aggressive sole, reinforced upper, and waterproof Gore-Tex membrane. And when your route consists of some off-trail exploration, the gusseted tongue, aggressive sole, and molded midsole keeps brush, small rocks, and rugged terrain from slowing your pace as you move through the mountains.
- A trail-ready boot for backpacking and hiking
- Waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex membrane for wet trails
- Split-suede upper withstands wear from rugged terrain
- Gusseted tongue keeps hitchhikers out of socks
- Protective heel cap offers stability and protection
- Molded midsole disperses impact from rocks and roots
- Protective toe cap protects upper from scuffs
- Sole grips to variable surfaces on and off trail
- Item #SAL00X3
- Q & A
Burly Backpacking Boots
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 195lbs
Picked these up for my brother and he's very happy with them so far. Definitely a heavy duty backpacking boot that would be too much for day hikes. Stiff sole and toe cap on these as well.
Would this boot be recommended for backpacking? 30lb + pack weight. Thx