MTN Lab Helmet
An ode to those with an affinity for Type II fun, Salomon's MTN Lab Helmet is an ultralight lid that's equally at home slaying pow in the Rockies as it is on gnarly ascents in the Alps. Thanks to the hybrid in-mold design, the MTN Lab has a sleek, low-profile look, with EPS 4D technology that helps absorb oblique and vertical impact.
The MTN Lab is equipped with a breathable, moisture-wicking merino wool lining that stays naturally odor-free even while you're sweating up a storm on an exposed glacier. Active ventilation comes in handy to keep your head cool when you're ripping turns through spring corn, and the custom dial fit system lends itself to instant adjustment in case you need to throw an extra layer on when the mercury drops.
- Lightweight, stylish helmet for all aspects of skiing, snowboarding
- Hybrid in-mold construction handles oblique and vertical impacts
- Odor resistant merino wool lining wicks moisture to boost comfort
- When the temperatures rise active ventilation helps cool you down
- Custom dial fit provides a secure and reliable fit every run
- Item #SAL01TW
- Q & A
It's not safe
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I had this helmet for almost a year now and the back strap that tightens it on to your head litterally popped off after being hit in the head once. If it was hit again I would have lost the helmet. Definitely not what I would want in the Backcountry.
Great Lightweight Helmet
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
The MTN Helmet is the perfect helmet to use anytime. From Climbing couloirs to skiing the resort this is the only helmet I need. Super comfortable and light weight, I couldn’t ask for more from a helmet. The removable liner is also great for spring tours to cut down on bulk, and fits a visored had underneath easily.