For when you're leading the expedition.
The Salewa Ortles 2 GTX Pro Shell Women's Jacket is an essential part of your kit whenever you venture into the alpine. Built with abrasion-resistant 3-layer Gore-Tex Pro and reinforced with fully sealed seams, this jacket can withstand extreme and predictably unpredictable conditions. The brushed polyester lining is soft on the skin compared to the outside material and will help you move comfortably on the mountain.When it's time to put your helmet on, the hood will fit over the helmet to keep your head warm and protected. Hem and cuff adjustments cinch down to shield you from the elements, and the full underarm vents allow for airflow when you start to work up a sweat.
- Capable alpine jacket for big mountain missions
- Gore-Tex Pro delivers breathable, waterproof protection
- Brushed lining adds subtle warmth and comfort
- Helmet-compatible hood with front and back adjustments
- Chest pockets are accessible when wearing a pack or harness
- Athletic fit provides ergonomic mountaineering comfort
- Item #SFW006F
- Q & A
Is this jacket's "helmet compatible" hood large enough to wear over a full-size ski helmet, or is it more sized for lower-volume climbing helmets? My ski helmet is a Giro Montane, and I do a lot of storm riding with my hood up, so sufficient room under the hood is a necessity. Thanks!