Select style & size:Select options
Bring the whole kitchen.
- A minimal camp stove set for parties of 1-3 people
- Integrated wind guard/stove minimizes cook times, ups efficiency
- Aluminum pans, stove, and lid pack into single unit
- Lid doubles as frying pan for sizzling up grub
- Includes heat resistant tongs for easy gripping
- Compatible with most pots and pans
- Item #PMS002I
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I've got plenty of experience with camping and backpacking stoves, ranging from DIY beer can alcohol stoves up to Coleman Duel Fuel Powerhouse classic camp stove.
The Essential Stove is suitable for backpacking or regular camping, and it includes the essentials: 2 pot, a pan, a pot holder, and the burner. Everything nests together in a nice little package.
The stove is plenty powerful and was able to get our coffee percolator boiling in only a couple minutes.
The details are nice: they put rubber/silicone feet on the bottom and on the pot holder, just adding a bit of finish to a functional set
What's not great
The way the hose folds into the stove when stored is a little awkward at first. After using it a few times, it's more natural and not a big deal, but this could be improved.
With great power comes great responsibilityâ¦it doesn't have a great "Low". In order to prevent our coffee from boiled out of the percolator, I tried to turn it down, but accidentally turned it off. There isn't a great simmer optionâ¦the low is not very low.
Overall, it is a nice kit and I will be lending it to some friends to an upcoming backpacking trip.