Up To 60% Off
Why We Like The Switchblade Pro XT/XTR Mountain Bike
Designed with the quiver-killer mentality, we use the Switchblade Pro XT/XTR Mountain Bike when we don’t want to compromise between plow and play. With 142mm of DW-Link driven travel, we’re equally comfortable taking the Switchblade for an all-day pedal on trails like the Whole Enchilada here in Utah, or for lapping gnarly tech trails in places like Bellingham. Pivot kept the head tube angle in line with modern trends on this mid-travel 29er, only it’s slightly towards the steeper end of the spectrum at 66 degrees in the low setting. This makes it extremely reactive for jibbing off every trailside takeoff in sight, or navigating the tight switchbacks that can be found near Pivot’s HQ in Phoenix.
This particular build features high-end parts from Shimano and Fox, boasting a hybrid XT/XTR drivetrain and brake spec for consistent performance and a lightweight feel. The Fox Factory 36 GRIP2 fork lets this Switchblade ride to its full potential in downhill scenarios, with 160mm of confidence-inspiring travel. Bomber XM1700 hoops from DT Swiss absorb vibration and hold up over time, and a steep 76-degree seat tube angle provides an efficient climbing position for you to spin to your heart’s content.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Mid-travel trail bike suited for all trail adventures and local enduro races
- 142mm of DW-Link travel supplies predictable rear-wheel traction
- Fox Factory Float X shock is lightweight and easily tunable
- XT/XTR groupset provides crisp shifting and lightweight components
- DT Swiss XM1700 wheels offer a damp feel and durable performance
- XT brakes keep us stopping on a dime even on fast trails
- Grippy Maxxis rubber with EXO+ casing keeps us locked into corners
- Superboost rear hub spacing enhances the frame’s structural integrity
- Item #PIV1WZP
Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov