Just as you were made for the mountains, the Patagonia Descensionist Pants were made for you. Weatherproof hard shell construction shields you from sloppy snow without trapping in sweat and extra heat, thanks to its 3-layer design and DWR coating. Get as sweaty as you want without stopping to let off steam—just unzip the rear thigh vents and keep rippin'. The Descentionist Pants feature an articulated design for uninhibited motion on the mountain, as well as generous stretch that provides all-day comfort. Gaiters keep snow from sneaking up your legs, and water-tight zippers protect whatever small, important items you can fit in the thigh pocket.
- Pants made for shredding fresh powder that can go as hard as you can
- 3-layer hard shell seals out moisture while allowing airflow
- Articulated for maximum flexibility where you need it
- Gaiters seal off ankles from rogue slush
- Cool off on-the-go with watertight zippered rear thigh vents
- Thigh pockets have water-tight zippers to protect small items
- Item #PAT02IA
- Q & A
Patagonia Descensionist Pant
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
I love the fluid green color of these pants. The pop colors on the zippers look awesome. I use these pants as my ski pants, even though they are a softshell, with layering underneath. I haven't worn them on a super wet day, but they make awesome ski pants for warm and chilly days alike. The pockets are placed usefully and have waterproof zipper seals, so you can keep your belongings dry. I would recommend these pants based on their lightweight yet durable material and unique color.