Select style & size:Select options
Accuracy, accuracy, accuracy.
You may be able to cast 60 feet out, but it's not going to do you much good if your fly lands nowhere near the closest fish. Power is one thing, but being able to drop your fly right where it needs to be is the key to keeping your rod bent. Orvis reworked its popular Helios fly rod to reflect this simple philosophy and the end result is the Helios 3 Fly Rod.
Available in two different tapers and flexes, the Helios 3 comes in either a 3D or 3F version. The 3D version of the rod puts an emphasis on distance and is well-suited for targeting predatory fish in windy saltwater environments. Meanwhile, the 3F version of the rod puts more emphasis on finesse for those times you're presenting a delicate dry fly to a large, wary trout sipping may flies from the surface film. Whichever rod you choose, both deliver accuracy and are equipped with an anodized aluminum reel seat and titanium stripping guides.
- Orvis's popular Helios rod reworked for improved accuracy
- Fast-action design with refined taper and stiffness
- Anodized aluminum reel seat is saltwater safe
- Comfortable cork handle for casting all day
- Matte finish on blank with green accent tread wraps
- SiC and titanium stripping guides for added durability
- Included aluminum rod tube made in the USA
- Orvis designs and builds its fly rods in USA
- Item #ORV0019
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This rod is good but has a slightly different feel then the previous Helios action. Took a bit of casting before finding the sweet spot and where / when it loaded. Fished the 9wt for Tarpon and it casted well.
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
This rod sends a ton of line with ease. Into the wind, fast paced streamer fishing made easy- just load her up and send it. Feels great in the hand and looks great to the eye. Boated my biggest fish to date with her on the maiden voyage. Made that fat brown feel like a minnow!