Hit the skin track.
You love bagging peaks and descending via the most iconic lines, so you need an alpine touring pack that can meet your needs. The Ortovox Ascent 30L Short Backpack is designed for long, technical days in the backcountry, and its features show that it can handle anything.
A pack's fit is just as important as its features, though, so all of Ortovox's S backpacks are complete with thinner hip and shoulder straps, shaped to better fit a woman's body, as well as a shorter-length torso. This makes the fit not only ideal for women, but also for men with shorter backs.
The Ascent 30 backpack features a rope attachment, ice axe and pole holder, both a diagonal and A-frame ski carry, and a snowboard carry so you can boot up couloirs and tackle technical ascents with all the right tools. A large main compartment fits your shell, snacks, first aid kit, and the kitchen sink, while the back-panel entry makes it easy to take out anything you need without unpacking the whole bag.
To minimize tears and snags from trees and branches, the bag is crafted out of heavy-duty ripstop nylon, yet still remains lightweight enough for your longest days on the skin track. Additionally, this bag has a hydration-compatible sleeve and an insulated shoulder strap to prevent your drinking tube from freezing, so you can stay hydrated while you spend all day sniffing out the most epic lines.
- Technical backcountry touring pack that accommodates smaller torsos
- Large main compartment fits all your essentials
- Designated avalanche safety gear compartment for easy accessibility
- Ripstop outer material protect pack from tears
- Ice axe and pole carry maximize internal space
- Ski and snowboard carry easily accommodate your ride of choice
- External rope attachment for technical days
- Item #ORT007E