Select Style & Size
The Never Summer Ripsaw Snowboard tears apart early-morning groomers, icy pipe runs, and tight trees with surgical precision. It retains Never Summer's signature rocker for a bit of added playfulness, but make no mistake, the board's Ripsaw profile and medium-stiff flex aren't for the faint of heart, catering more towards riders who bomb steeps at blistering speeds and send gigantic kickers on a regular basis.
Stable and powerful, the Ripsaw Rocker Camber uses camber zones underfoot for greater edge hold and edge-to-edge response, while the rocker between the bindings enhances float when you're slashing powder turns. Plus, the Vario Power Grip sidecut utilizes multiple radii to create additional contact points for reliable edge hold across sketchy steeps and icy pipe walls. Carbon VXR laminates extend in Vs from the inserts to opposing contacts to improve response, also pre-loading the board for boosting massive ollies. The RDS 2 damping system smooths out the ride when you're exit a pow stash and find yourself surrounded by unruly chop and chunder.
- Go right from peak to park with this true twin ATV
- Ripsaw Rocker Camber with more camber for aggressive feel
- Rocker between bindings maintains playfulness and float
- Medium-stiff flex offers high-speed stability
- Carbon VXR laminates amplify power transfer to the tips
- Vario Power Grip sidecut for improved edgehold on hardpack
- Durasurf XT Sintered 4501 base is fast and incredibly tough
- Item #NVS008J
- 153cm, 156cm, 157cm wide, 159cm, 160cm wide, 162cm, 163cm wide
- Ripsaw Rocker Camber
- true twin
- Effective Edge
- [153cm] 1150mm, [156cm] 1170mm, [157cm wide] 1180mm, [159cm] 1200mm, [160cm wide] 1200mm, [162cm] 1230mm, [163cm wide] 1210mm
- Waist Width
- [153cm] 244mm, [156cm] 252mm, [157cm wide] 260mm, [159cm] 254mm, [160cm wide] 264mm, [162cm] 257mm, [163cm wide] 266mm
- Sidecut Radius
- [153cm] 7m, [156cm] 7.3m, [157cm wide] 7.3m, [159cm] 7.9m, [160cm wide] 7.9m, [162cm] 8.1m, [163cm wide] 8m
- NS Superlight wood
- Bi-Lite fiberglass (biax), Carbon VXR Laminate Technology, STS pretensioned fiberglass, RDS 2 Damping System
- sintered p-tex
- Vario Power Grip Sidecut
- Durasurf Sintered 4501
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 3 years
What do you think about this product?
February 20, 2020
Love this board!
- I've used it several times
I purchased this based on a recommendation from the manufacturer (via email exchanges with Never Summer Customer Service). I had been using the Never Summer Cobra (2014/2015 vintage), and found that its edge was not gripping very well on hard-pack conditions (even after edges were sharpened). In the end, the Cobra is a) skewed more towards rocker (less camber) and b) medium in terms of its flexibility (or stiffness). In my opinion, these made the Cobra less favorable for hard-pack or icy conditions. The Ripsaw is a) more skewed towards camber and b) very stiff (nearly 50% thicker than the Cobra). I can see a significant difference when I hold the two boards on edge and view them side by side. I can also see a big difference when I flex both boards. I just used the Ripsaw on some hard-pack, scratchy, and even flat-out icy conditions; this board held its edge the entire time, even on the expert runs! I'd also add I was a bit worried that the skew towards more camber would cause me to easily catch the wrong edge during a turn - I'm pleased to report it did not. I'm also pleased to report that this board is easier to go straight with on the straightaways, in that I did not need to put much pressure on either edge. Overall, I'm loving this board and am not sure if I'll go back to the Cobra. I have yet to try this board in deep powder conditions (> 4"); hoping I get a chance to do just that next week. Hope this help!