For arctic expeditions, 8000-meter peaks, or any other place where epic cold exists, the Mammut Arctic Mitten keeps you hands warm and therefore ensures your phalanges stay fully functional. A Pertex Quantum and leather shell with a full gauntlet keeps out the blowing snow, while the lofted 600-fill goose down provide furnace-like warmth to your sensitive paws. A goatskin leather palm ensures you're able to maintain grip on your trekking poles, and the Micro Bemberg lining doubles down on warmth.
- Mountaineering Mittens that help you reach your dream peak
- Pertex Quantum outer is lightweight, wind, and water proof
- Primaloft insulation traps heat when wet to keep your digits working
- Goat skin palm grips and holds up to rigorous tool use
- Mitts easily compress so that they always have a spot in your pack
- Soft fabric section wipes away drippy noses to keep you focused
- Wrist adjustment expels unwanted wind and snow for happy hands
- Item #MAM014O
- Q & A
Used these on the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I bought these as I was afraid my hands would be cold on the top of Kilimanjaro. I switched from my fingered ski gloves to these in the middle of the night hike up to the top and went from cold fingers to warm fingers! These are super warm and just what I needed. If you are doing winter excursions and not generating a lot of heat I think these would be excellent! They sure worked for me on the tallest freestanding mountain in the world!