Stream GTX Boot
La Spotiva's Stream GTX Boot boasts advanced waterproofing so you can cross its namesake and keep your foot dry. Gore-Tex Surround wraps a full waterproof membrane around your foot to provide better protection than most waterproof shoes. In order to ensure breathability, Gore-Tex Suround adds ventilation ports through the rubber sole that still keep water out.. Vibram XS Trek sole provides traction on slick rocks and loose gravely inclines alike, and Nano Cell 2.0 technology paired with a mesh upper work to ventilate heat when the going gets tough.
- A hiking boot that keep your feet comfortable throughout the hike
- Gore-tex Surround offers full waterproofing and better breathability
- Vibram XS Trek sole provides traction when the trail gets rocky
- Nano Cell 2.0 technology and mesh upper keeps the shoe breathable
- Item #LSP00FK
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: US 10
- Height: 5'7"
- Weight: 150lbs
PSA: Just a sizing alert, I wear an akasha at size US 10, but TX4 at 9.5, so thought perhaps as a boot I should also try a size 10. However, the stream is quite roomy, so I should have got a size 9.5 instead.
Are these good in cold weather or snow?
These boots are not recommend for use in snow. They do fine in cold temps but not great if they get wet with how breathable they are.