Speedgoat Mid WP Trail Run Shoe
Moving fast in the mountains, whether you're trail running or hiking, requires the HOKA ONE ONE Speedgoat Mid WP Trail Run Shoe. Named after Karl Meltzer and modeled after his go-everywhere-run-everything attitude, the Speedgoat Mid is designed to attack technical trail and varying terrain. Its mid-height bootie construction with a molded collar delivers flexibility and comfort to ensure stable performance in even the sloppiest of conditions.
The Speedgoat Mid features HOKA's Skyshell waterproof membrane to keep your feet dry and comfortable as you charge through stream crossings and tackle muddy terrain. For additional comfort, the oversized EVA midsole delivers lightweight, impact absorbing cushion through the miles. As you make your way across varying and uneven terrain, the Vibram MegaGrip soles with 5mm multidirectional lugs provide you with supreme grip so you can reliably tackle any trail of your choosing.
- Mid-cut shoes for trail running and fast missions in the mountains
- 4mm drop encourages a natural gait for runners who midfoot strike
- Skyshell membrane with full-bootie construction keeps your feet dry
- Molded collar ensures comfortable performance in sloppy conditions
- Oversized EVA midsole offers lightweight, impact absorbing cushion
- Wide platform design delivers a stable base across changing terrain
- Vibram MegaGrip and 5mm lugs provide supreme grip on varied terrain
- Hoka One One designs high-cushion shoes to encourage a natural gait
- Item #HOK004K
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
These shoes are super comfortable right out of the box. Got them to go on a backpacking trip in the Colorado mountains. Havenât finished the trip yet, but these have performed so well I had to review them. Thereâs not too much pressure on the ankle; it just feels like a flexible thick sock material.
The boot is waterproof, so I wouldnât necessarily get it for desert hiking or if youâll be doing a lot of stream crossings, but then again I havenât tried this shoe out with those activities. If youâll be using micro spikes and an ice axe, these are a solid choice.
I usually wear a 7 in shoes, but opted for a 7.5 since Iâd be wearing wool socks and going longer distances where my feet might swell. Perfect fit.
One thing they could improve slightly is a wider toe box, but with all of these pluses, itâs tough finding something bad to say. On that note I will say that I have mortonâs Neuroma and these shoes donât really irritate it (the wider toe box would help though).
Iâm in the pink shirt in the photo. ð happy hiking
Good ankle protection and cushion
Got these for trail running and they've been great. The cushion is great and I like the like sock ankle closure, it helps keep my ankles warm so that they don't get irritated when I am running.