If you love riding technical trails filled with rocks, roots, and drop-offs, take a look at Fox Racing's new maximum coverage trail helmet, the Dropframe. Bearing a striking resemblance to the Proframe but without the chin bar, the Dropframe Helmet combines extended coverage for the ears and back of the head with the unhindered breathability of an open-faced design. Eight Big Bore intake vents and seven exhaust ports provide additional ventilation, working with the fixed-position visor to channel air through the helmet for a cooling effect on long summer shred days. Should you take a spill, a tough outer shell molded to a dual-density Varizorb EPS liner spreads the impact forces across a wider area, protecting against high-speed crashes and slow-rolling tumbles alike.
- Open-face helmet with extra coverage for technical trails
- Offers protection for the ears and back of the head
- Lightweight but tough polycarbonate outer shell
- Dual-density Varizorb EPS effectively disperses impact force
- Large intake and exhaust ports provide airy ventilation
- Fixed visor helps channel airflow through the helmet
- Fidlock SNAP buckle for quick entry and exit with gloves on
- Open-face design won't hinder breathability on the climbs
- Item #FXR031A
- Q & A
Maybe goofy looking but worth it
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
My friends say it looks goofy. But I think it will be the new norm for more intense trail riding.
My head measures at 56cm, I bought the medium and I’m using the small pads. It fits pretty well.
I like the added protection and it vents super well.