Why We Like The CFX3 45 Powered Cooler
The Dometic CFX3 45 Powered Cooler is like having a refrigerator at the campsite. Its compressor keeps food fresh and cold without any ice at all. We can plug it in our car for a deep freeze—without worrying over killing our car battery—and the heavy-duty insulation keeps everything cold while we're hiking away from the car. Or, we can keep it constantly keep it cold with the Dometic 40 Ah Portable Lithium Battery (sold separately). A high-resolution display lets us set the temperature down to -7°F, or we can use our phones over WiFi or Bluetooth through the CFX3 app.
- Compressor-powered mobile cooler keeps food fresh without ice
- High-resolution display screen adjusts the temperature down to -7°F
- Spring-loaded aluminum handles are extremely durable
- 45L capacity fits 67 cans or a variety of food with the included dividers
- Phone-connectivity allows for remote temperature regulation
- Three-stage dynamic battery protection prevents dead car batteries
- Item #DET000W
- [frame] ExoFrame, [handles] aluminum
- insulated cover
- 16 x 27.5 x 19in
- Recommended Use
- casual, weekend camping
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 5 year limited
What do you think about this product?
May 17, 2021
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
I have had a number of ice coolers over the years. The CFX3 45L has an amazing amount of room considering no space has to be given up for ice. The cooler does a great job of keeping everything cool. I have paired it with a PLB40 battery and it keeps the fridge running for just short of two days (I have been averaging about 2-3% of battery capacity/hr when not in direct sunlight). Unlike ice coolers, nothing gets soggy and no water to drain or ice to buy. I was so impressed with the performance of the CFX3 45L, I added the CFX3 25L for those shorter day trips. Highly recommend if you want to get away from the traditional ice cooler.