Select style & size:Select options
Nothing but air.
- Mountain biking backpack with amplified airflow
- 10L capacity great for half-day rides
- AirComfort mesh ventilates back, shoulders, and waist
- Rain cover shields valuables from wet weather
- External helmet holder when you're hiking with your bike
- Internal sleeve sized for 3L hydration reservoirs
- Front organizer stores mountain biking essentials
- Item #DTR007I
- Q & A
Deuter is amazing
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I was given this product from Backcountry, but this review Is my personal opinion
This is now my second deuter pack and I can't say enough about their products. I owned the 28L previously, so I was definitely interested in trying a smaller pack and how I would use the 10L deuter race air compared to the 28L.
I wore it for two hours the first time I used it, and three different people complimented me on the pack!! I really like the water pouch that comes inside of it. I hadn't owned one that shut like that before... I feel like it is way more leak proof than the camelbak I own. I did accidentally cut off the string that attaches the nozzle cover because I thought it was a tag. Don't do!
I like how the pack fits and doesn't tug or chaffe on my neck like I have had other packs do. I could adjust the straps so they rested comfortably on my shoulders. For me, this is a biking backpack for sure. Or even a day-hike where I don't need to pack a ton of stuff (water/jacket/food). I was hoping I could potentially run in it but I think it's too big for that.
I was surprised how much could actually fit in there. The little pockets inside are handy. And finally, I like the non-flexible piece that rests on your back, which prevents excessive sweat from building up since the pack isn't touching you directly.
Con: The water bottle holders on the side are a little small and don't open very wide, especially if the pack if super full.
Overall, recommend the deuter 10L