Sangiovese Limited Editon Jersey
The Sangiovese Limited Edition Jersey from Castelli is based on its Squadra jersey and is a tribute to Sangiovese wine that dates back to the 16th century. Castelli chose the colors to represent the Sangiovese, the most widely planted red grape variety in Italy and cultivated between the regions of Romagna and Campania. The area is also well-renowned for its excellent cycling roads. The origins of this varietal are thought to originate from Tuscany and its name derives from the term “Sangue di Giove” or “blood of Jupiter”, reflecting the bond between wine and divinity.
For the jersey's technical traits, it uses a combination of fabrics for an optimal fit, comfort, and quick drying. Its main fabric, Velo Light is lightweight and wicks moisture while the perforated side panels promote breathability. It's cut in Castelli's more forgiving Maratona fit giving you a technical jersey that's perfect for cyclists of all shapes and sizes. Lastly, the sleeve construction has a raw cut finish for comfort and a modern look.
- Castelli's tribute to Sangiovese, an Italian red wine grape varietal
- Fabrics are built to breathe, stretch, and dry quickly
- 3 rear pockets haul riding essentials
- Raw cut arm openings improve comfort
- Full-length zipper allows for temperature regulation
- Italy owns quality apparel, wine, and cycling
- Item #CST00W5