Matik Belay Device
New to the auto-locking world, the Matik Belay Device features Camp USA's innovative Anti-Panic system to beat the competition in climbing safety. Anti-Panic disengages the double-hinged lever and applies the assisted braking cam whenever climbing ropes move too quickly through the device. This increases safety whenever climbers lower one another, rappel, or belay themselves.
Also unlike standard auto-locking devices, the Matik's assisted braking cam runs parallel with the rope instead of at an angle, thereby increasing contact and decreasing rope-ruining friction. The wide carabiner hole has a unique design that prevents clipping and unclipping while the device is closed. Camp USA crafted this revolutionary device out of hot-forged aluminum and precision-cast stainless steel for the critical components that come in contact with the rope.
- Assisted braking belay device with added safety for climbing
- Anti-Panic system bites the rope when it moves too quickly
- Friction-reducing design ensures long-lasting durability
- Wide carabiner hold prevents clipping and unclipping when closed
- Item #CMP002Z
- [main body] hot-forged aluminum, [critical components] stainless steel
- Rope Diameter
- 8.6 - 10.2mm
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help