Select style & size:Select options
Safety first, second, and third.
Every backcountry skier wants a light setup for easier ascents, but that shouldn't excuse any skier from touring the backcountry without the essential avalanche safety gear. Although it isn't an essential, the Backcountry Access Float 27 Speed Airbag Backpack is one of the lightest airbag packs for those who value safety over weight, but still appreciates a light setup. Not only is BCA's Float 2.0 airbag 15% lighter than the previous model, but it's also 30% smaller so you can pack more gear for the tour. External attachments for skis, an ice axe, and various mountaineering tools leave enough space for a half-day tour.
- Ski touring backpack with lightweight Float 2.0 avalanche airbag
- 27-liter capacity suitable for half days spent in the backcountry
- Float 2.0 is lighter and smaller than the previous model
- Trigger mounts on left or right shoulder for anatomic convenience
- Attachments for skis, ice axe, tools, and mountaineering gear
- Internal avalanche safety gear compartment
- Item #BCA001H
- Q & A
Super light weight
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
The Speed 27 is a 'real' 27 L pack. It is the perfect size for an average backcountry ski day. The new BCA 2.0 system utilizes a smaller canister than the previous systems, cutting weight. A lot of the extraneous bells and whistles have been removed from this pack also cutting weight. It doesn't feel like an airbag!